Community ServiceWelcome to Hollins Road Church of the Brethren in Roanoke, Virginia! Our rich Christian and Anabaptist heritage continues to inspire people of all ages to a greater faith and deeper purpose. May the succeeding generations look back at today’s church and see that we were faithful in worshiping, praying and serving together.


The whole body depends on Christ, and all the parts of the body are joined and held together. Each part does its own to make the whole body and be strong with love.  Ephesians 4:16

Our History

Our fellowship began as a tent meeting in 1913. A building was erected & named ‘Williams Chapel’ after founding pastor, the Rev. John Williams. In 1916 it became a preaching point for the Brethren. In 1924 our fellowship became a congregation named ‘The Tinker Creek CoB’. A fire destroyed the church structure in late 1936. A new building was constructed in 1937 with the name of ‘Hollins Road CoB’. Continued church growth necessitated the addition of an Educational Wing in 1961. The beautiful paneling was added to the chancel along with other renovations and it was re-dedicated in August of 1971.

In early 2001, renovations were made to the Fellowship Hall and the Education Wing. A Picnic Shelter was erected and dedicated in 2004. A major renovation of the front of the sanctuary was completed and dedicated in June of 2005. This project greatly expanded the pulpit area and made room for a large choir. The latest media equipment, with a drop down screen, was also a part of this renovation. Today a completely renovated facility and growing congregation continues to serve God and our community.